Return to the top
Research Interests within Engineering Education
- Research, developing, embedding and evaluating CDIO into engineering and technology curriculum
- Research and developing inclusive engineering approach to widen student participation and interest in engineering careers
- Research and development of engineering laboratory teaching aids for student learning and practice.
- Narrowing BME attainment and placement gap
Projects I have been involved with
- Engineering pedagogical research, development and evaluation of SCALE-UP for engineering learning, teaching and assessment
- Pedagogical optimisation of student theoretical understanding and assimilation into engineering practice in engineering laboratories and workshops.
- Mobile devices for HE learning in engineering.
- Student employability development for placement.
- Long tail effect of audio feedback for employability development.
- Student Audio Notes to support their learning and practice joint project with University of Sheffield Engineering and Sheffield Hallam University.
- Blended learning for software engineering using audio notes and feedback.
- Developing computing and network engineering students entrepreneurship and employability through project based learning.
- Student driven module.
- Blackboard for student learning analytics
Selected Research outputs
- NORTCLIFFE, A. PARVEEN, S. and KEECH-PINK, C. (2018) ” Statistically, does Peer Assisted Learning make a difference on a UK Engineering Degree Programme?”, Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education
- RAGHUNATH, R ANKER, C. and NORTCLIFFE, A. Are Academic ready for smart learning? British Journal of Education Technology ogy, doi:10.1111/bjet.12532, 1/12/2016
- POWER, Sam, NORTCLIFFE, Anne, VERNON-PARRY, Karen and SCHENKEL, Torsten (2016). Engineering learning through aerospace engineering. Other. Athens Institute for Education and Research.
- GOODWIN-JONES, J, NORTCLIFFE, Anne and VERNON-PARRY, Karen (2016).What does good engineering laboratory pedagogy look like? In: Engineering education on top of the world : industry university cooperation : 44 th SEFI Conference Proceedings. SEFI.
- NORTCLIFFE, Anne and MIDDLETON, Andrew (2011). Smartphone feedback : using an iPhone to improve the distribution of audio feedback. International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education, 48 (3), 280-293.
I am a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. I am currently the Founding Head of School of Engineering, Technology and Design at Canterbury Christ Church University.