Return to the top
Research Interests within Engineering Education
I have been involved with engineering education activities since 2009 and have worked with many charities, schools and funding bodies to develop and deliver engaging and informative projects throughout the UK. In 2012 I began my PhD research at Aston University where I am exploring engineering education activities at Primary school focusing on children’s experiences of these activities.
I am interested in enabling students to make informed decisions about their future careers, in order for this to happen I feel that a holistic approach to engineering education and research is required.
Projects I have been involved with
- Engineering education intervention planning and delivery
- Engineering education efficacy throughout the UK education system
- Retention within Engineering at HE
Selected Research outputs
- Broadbent, R. (2017). Listening to Children – Experiences of engineering education in UK Primary Schools. BERA Annual Conference, 5th-7th September 2017, University of Sussex, Brighton.
- Broadbent, R. (2017). What can a child’s experiences tell us about engineering education activities? 45th SEFI Conference, 18th-21st September 2017, Azores, Portugal.
- Andrews, J., Broadbent, R. & Clark, R. (2017). Addressing Attrition: Changing Students’ Futures: A Problem-Based Workshop. 45th SEFI Conference, 18th-21st September 2017, Azores, Portugal.
I am a member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology and am an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.