Return to the top
Research Interests within Engineering Education
I am a passionate and enthusiastic engineering management academic, a pragmatic problem solver, experienced in managing people, projects and finance. With a proven track record in developing and implementing pedagogic improvements, I have inspired and facilitated engineering academics to push their boundaries. I have leadership experience in curriculum design and engineering accreditation. I conducted HE engineering education consultancy and have worked with sector professional bodies on projects. I am interested in the following area of research with EER: Active learning and student engagement; Curriculum design and Education management and leadership.
Projects I have been involved with
- TEF Subject Panel Pilot – member.
- Finnish Government Institutional Audit of Laurea
- Mapping UK-SPEC to UKPSF.
- Implementing Activity Led Learning in PGT teaching, learning and assessment.
Selected Research outputs
- Kainulainen, S., Pistor, P., Celmar, M., Cooke, G., Vataja, K., Mustonnen, K. and Kajeste, M., (2016) Audit of Laurea University of Applied Sciences, Finnish Education Evaluation Centre Publications 30:2016, Helsinki, ISBN 978-952-206-369-4
- Cooke, G., Lewis, P. and Glendinning, I., (2014) Evaluating Postgraduate students’ Perceptions of Activity Led Learning: Findings from a longitudinal study, SEFI 42nd Annual Conference, 15-19 September 2014, Birmingham, UK.
- Cooke, G. and Lewis, P. (2012) Assessment for ALL: an international student perspective, EE2012 Conference proceedings, September 2012 at Coventry University