Return to the top
Research Interests within Engineering Education
I am particularly interested in:
Student experience of teamwork
Inclusion of e-learning tools to engage different learners
Diversity within Engineering
Projects I have been involved with
- Employability skills development within Engineering at HE
- Appreciation of professional skills development through student self-reflection and feedback
- Implementation of Faculty-wide Integrated Engineering Programme
Selected Research outputs
- Akinmolayan, F., Siefker, J., & Sorensen, E. (2017). Professional skills in engineering education through problem-based learning. WCCE 2017, Barcelona, Spain.
- Sorensen, E., Al-Rifai, N., & Akinmolayan, F. (2016) Scenario-Based Learning in a UK Chemical Engineering Programme. AIChE Annual meeting 2016, San Francisco, USA.
- Akinmolayan, F. (2015) Good Practises Exchange – Widening Participation Initiatives. IChemE Education SIG. August 2015.
I am an associate member of the Institute of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) and I am submitting my application to become a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.